First of all, make sure you have a secure Bitcoin wallet with an appropriate amount of bitcoin funds available in it. The beginning of the transaction starts the same, but then there are two different ways to complete a transaction: scan a QR code, or copy and paste the public address of the invoice into your wallet.
- Open your Bitcoin wallet and click "send"
- An amount field will pop-up. Enter the amount of Bitcoin that you need to send to complete the transaction. IMPORTANT: If you are making an on-chain transaction, include a few more Satoshis (~1000 sats) to cover network fees.
- Once you've entered an appropriate amount of bitcoin, click the "scan" button in your wallet.
- Your camera will open up, or you will be prompted to open your camera. Scan the QR code that appears in an invoice.
- Click Pay, and you're done!
Copy and Paste Method:
This method is primarily done if your Bitcoin wallet doesn't have camera access (read: not on a smart phone).
- Once you've entered an appropriate amount of bitcoin in your wallet, look at the invoice. Click the "copy" button.
- Paste the copied text into your bitcoin wallet where it says "Invoice".
- Click Pay, and you're done